Which Nike sports bra is the best?
The right sports bra helps people exercise comfortably, reducing back and chest pain. Nike sports bras are well-designed and offer different levels of support so you can choose based on your activity.
An ideal bra provides the right amount of support while being comfortable to wear. The Nike Victory Compression Sports Bra is a versatile mid-support choice that suits most wearers and activities.
What to know before buying a Nike sports bra
Nike sports bras come in three levels of support: low, medium and high. The right choice depends on the type of activity, the size of your chest, and the support you like to feel while exercising.
- Weak support: These offer a bit more support than the average bralette, giving you comfort and flexibility. They’re great for walking and gentle activities, like yoga and Pilates. You can also wear them for strength training, which is not gentle but does not require you to move in a way that requires extra chest support.
- Medium Support: They are ideal for activities such as dancing, cycling and golf, thanks to more support than low support options while not being too restrictive. Some people with smaller chests also find them supportive enough for high impact activities.
- High Support: These bras are very form-fitting to provide enough support for high-impact activities, such as running or playing football. Some people with larger breasts also find high support bras more comfortable for medium impact activities.
Sports bras are further divided into compression and encapsulated versions.
- Compression: As their name suggests, these bras provide support by compressing the breasts. They usually have slip-on designs and are snug enough to provide the right degree of support. Most compression versions are suitable for low to medium impact activities.
- Encapsulated: These have individual cups that encapsulate each breast. As such, they provide support for the bust in all directions. They are perfect for high impact activities and for people with larger chests.
You can find Nike bras in sizes ranging from X-small to 3X-large or 4X-large. However, not all bras come in all sizes and you will have to look to the plus size range to find the biggest options.
If you’re used to buying bras using a standard size with band and cup measurement, you might be wondering which size is right for you. The easiest way to find out is to check Nike’s size chart. As long as you know your bra size, you can quickly find the right sports bra size.
What to Look for in a Quality Nike Sports Bra
Some Nike bras are padded, some are not. Whether you like it or not is largely a matter of preference as it does not affect the performance of the bra. In most cases, the padding is removable, so you can remove it whenever you want.
Nike’s “Dri-FIT” fabric has moisture-wicking properties to help you exercise more comfortably.
You can find some versions that close with a zipper in the front. They are easier to put on and take off for some people than pull-on bras or those that fasten with a snap at the back.
How much you can expect to spend on a Nike sports bra
Depending on the style, medium, and design, they can cost between $15 and $75.
Nike Sports Bras FAQ
Are Nike sports bras supposed to be tight?
A. They should be snug but not uncomfortably tight. A sports bra that’s too tight can limit your breathing and range of motion, while a bra that’s too loose won’t provide adequate support.
A well-fitting sports bra should have a band that stays in place when you raise your arms but doesn’t interfere with your breathing. The straps should be tight enough to provide support, but you should be able to fit two fingers between them and your skin. If chest tissue is spilling over the top of the cups, your bra is probably too small.
Do Nike sports bras stretch?
A. As long as you wash them properly, they shouldn’t stretch or shrink noticeably. Therefore, buy a bra that fits right out of the box. You shouldn’t buy one that’s too small for you, even if you assume it will stretch.
What is the best Nike sports bra to buy?
Nike Sports Bra Top
What do you want to know: Offering medium support with a racer back, it’s a versatile choice for a variety of athletic activities.
What you will love: It comes in a good range of sizes from X-small to 3X-large. You can choose from 13 colors, including black, gray and hot pink. It is designed to wick sweat away from the skin.
What you should consider: The material takes time to dry.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
The best Nike sports bra for the money
What do you want to know: This light support sports bra is ideal for gentle activity or for everyday wear as a bralette.
What you will love: It’s made from Dri-FIT fabric to wick away sweat and has a mesh back for ventilation. The padding on each cup is removable, so you can easily remove it if you prefer.
What you should consider: Some buyers find it small, so check the size chart before ordering.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Worth checking out
What do you want to know: This medium support bra has a simple design with the iconic Nike swoosh on the front.
What you will love: The longline style is ideal for tall people, provides a smooth silhouette under clothing and offers a bit more coverage when worn up top. You can choose from three colors: black, gray and white.
What you should consider: The band can roll up if you don’t get the size right.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Do you want to buy the best products at the best prices? Check Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Registerhere to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Lauren Coronawritten for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.