You’re going to want a sports bra for high or low impact activities. A good sports bra can help minimize movement, ensuring you’re focused on your workout rather than the discomfort of a shaky chest. Nike is one of the most trusted brands for exercise equipment, so if you want something reliable, check out these Nike sports bras.
Buyer’s Guide to Nike Sports Bras
Why buy a Nike sports bra?
Nike is an athletic performance brand known for making amazing gear that can outfit you from head to toe. Although they’re probably best known for their shoes, the brand also makes some fantastic apparel that can be used before, during and after your next intense workout. Their sports bras are often designed with key features in mind, such as moisture wicking, quick drying, and enhanced support to minimize movement, which could otherwise damage delicate breast tissue. And especially for women who engage in vigorous workouts or activities, this will be a critical issue.
What should you consider when buying a Nike sports bra?
- Activity level: Even within the Nike brand, not all bras are considered equal. Some sports bras are designed for low-impact activities like yoga, where you aren’t engaged in vigorous movement and don’t need as much support. During this time, someone who runs or participates in aerobics would need more support to minimize movement.
- Design: Usually you can look at a sports bra and see from the design whether or not it is compatible with your activity level. Open-back strappy bras are generally best suited for low-impact activities like walking or yoga. Meanwhile, bras with wider straps or a full support back are better for more intense movements.
- Support: Support should be considered in two ways: your activity level and your bust size. Someone with an A cup might not need as much support as a DD. Meanwhile, if you’re into gentler exercises (cycling, yoga, etc.), even if you’re wearing a larger bra size, you can still use a lighter sports bra.
- Cups: Cups aren’t a necessity, but many sports bras come with removable cups. If you don’t like them, you can delete them. But some higher-end sports bras come with cups that are designed so they don’t float down the front of the bra – a nifty feature, as this can usually happen during the fuss cycle when you’re washing. your sports bras in the laundry.
- Material: In most cases, you will find that sports bras are made of polyester or a cotton-polyester blend. This often allows for features like moisture wicking and quick drying so you don’t sit sweaty.
How do you know if a sports bra is right for you?
Ultimately, the only way to know if a bra is right for you is to try it on. Think about how you feel. Is the compression right or do you feel uncomfortable? Do the straps dig into your shoulders and chest? When you move, does it feel like your bust is supported or is there too much movement? And of course, remember that you want something sleek and easy to clean.
Best Medium Support
Advantages: If you are engaged in routine activities like running, exercising at the gym, or even yoga, the Victory Compression Sports Bra is a good intermediate choice that will work for most people. It features a polyester-spandex composition that helps with that compression support while incorporating a jersey lining to boost moisture wicking so you can stay dry. There is a wide range of colors with a classic racerback as well as a wide range of sizes to fit more shapes.
The inconvenients: Performance is paramount given that you are not buying a multi-pack of sports bras. Meanwhile, some people have noted chafing irritation is possible with this bra.
Conclusion : If you’re new to the world of sports bras, this mid-compression pick from Nike is a great everyday solution that should work for most light to moderate activity levels. And the wide range of sizes and variety of colors are also attractive. But beware, this is a more expensive option since you only get one sports bra, and some people might experience chafing irritation.
Best with padding
Advantages: For those who liked the Victory bra but felt it was a bit lacking in preventing bounce completely, this padded version is a serious upgrade. You will still get a racerback style and medium compression. But now the padding also works to increase stability and minimize bouncing.
The inconvenients: As is a common problem with sports bras with pads, these pads are not secured in place. So be prepared to have to reinsert them every time you do laundry.
Conclusion : If you want better rebound control, the added pads on this version of Nike’s Victory sports bra can give it to you. However, some people might be frustrated to see the mugs fall out in the wash.
Ideal for teenagers
Advantages: It doesn’t make much sense to get a high compression sports bra if you have a smaller chest and technically need something but not something as intense as support bra traditional sport. This simple, seamless sports bra is a great compromise that offers Dri-FIT technology, stay-put fabric and a low-profile racerback style.
The inconvenients: While ideal for girls who are just starting to grow, it may not be a good choice for those with a fuller bust, as the thinner straps, lack of padding and lighter design don’t offer as much control and support.
Conclusion : If you’re shopping for your tween or teen with a smaller or developing frame, this is a solid choice that offers support but isn’t overkill. However, for those with a larger bust, this may not be enough.
Better light support
Advantages: While most sports bras focus on medium to full compression, if you’re not engaged in more vigorous activities, they can feel a little overkill. Step into this lightweight compression sports bra from Nike. The seamless design is ideal for anyone with a small chest or for low impact activities like yoga.
The inconvenients: This is truly a low impact sports bra. So if you are engaged in more active activities like running, this is not for you. And as is often the case with Nike, this bra (although cute) comes at a steep price for a single item.
Conclusion : Women with smaller breasts and those engaged in low impact activities will appreciate this lightweight bra which is more for modesty than compression. However, more vigorous activity or people with fuller busts may not be suitable for this choice.
Better high support
Advantages: Whether you have a fuller bust or participate in intense activities, you’ll need a sports bra with full compression that stands up to the challenge of completely eliminating bouncing and jitter. This high support sports bra is designed to do just that. Along with Dri-FIT support, you’ll get molded cups and an adjustable back closure to create a custom fit.
The inconvenients: If you don’t train to this level, you may feel that the compression and control of this sports bra is overkill. And again, Nike price points can come as a shock to many buyers.
Conclusion : Those engaged in rigorous activities or with fuller busts will appreciate the enhanced support this bra offers. This may be overkill for some people, but the higher cost will also be a hindrance for many.
The trick is to tailor your sports bra not only to your size, but also to your activity level. Although Nike sports bras come at a premium, they offer a wide range of solutions designed to match the intensity of your workout.